This is the time of the year where the traffic to my site skyrockets as folks decide that they want to make a change for the better in the new year and have decided to try a low carb diet to lose some weight.
Unfortunately, I have over 500 posts here, and it’s a bit harrowing to try to navigate all this – even for me. Really – at 500+ posts, I might want to begin to pare down some of the less useful posts (ie: crap) so that people don’t get lost in all this.
Before I do that, however, I thought I could provide a guide to some of my more popular posts – as well as some of my own favorites that I think would be most helpful in hitting the ground running on a low carb diet.
When people start Atkins they feel kind of weird. The following posts discuss this and have been very popular:
- Atkins Induction – Observations On My First Few Days
- How You Feel When Starting Atkins Induction
- Atkins Induction: How Does It Feel at Day 30?
People starting Atkins usually have no clue what it eat, it seems, looking at some of my top posts.
Chocolate is a big deal, so let’s start with that:
- Recipe- Chocolate Ricotta Dessert
- Recommended – Lindt Excellence 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
- Chocolate Bark with Coconut Oil
- Recipe – 1 Minute Brownie
Other goodies of the non-chocolate variety include:
Now – we can’t just live on goodies – right? Here’s some other recipes that proved popular:
- Recipe – World’s Easiest Low Carb Crock Pot Chicken
- Recipe – Carol’s Crustless Crab Quiche
- Kitchen Experiment #18 – Demented Mock Potato Salad
- Kitchen Experiment #12 – Three Cheese Spinach (Updated)
- The World’s Simplest Low Carb Kale Soup Recipe That’s Actually Tasty
- Italian Chili – My Recipe for Beating the Cravings of Pasta and Pizza
- Low Carb Crock Pot Brisket (With Pictures)
- Awesome Roast Garlic Chicken
- A Most Awesome Ham, Cheese, and Onion Baked Frittata UPDATE
As I’ve been experimenting for 9 years now I’ve done a number of stupid things. Here’s two big ones I would advise you to avoid:
Lastly, there’s the whole ‘mind game’ of dieting in general and dieting low carb in particular. Here’s a few to keep you going when the going gets tough:
- 13 Simple Rules To Lose Weight and Be Happy Doing It
- Do Low Carb Diets Fail Partly Because of Social Pressure?
- Weight Loss and Happiness are Two Different Things
- Does Your Diet Make You an Asshole?
- The Feeder and the Fed: Losing Weight and Cheating Without Cheating
- Low Carb Nerds, Nazis, Geeks and Newbies
- Hunger, Cravings, Obession, and Food as a Utility
- Addictive, Pervasive, and Seductive
- Losing Weight Without Self-Hatred
- Atkins Isn’t For The Weak
- How Do You Shift a Weight-Loss Paradigm?
I wish you all health and happiness for 2013.
Filed under: Atkins, Change, cooking, Crock Pot, dessert, diet, Fake Foods, Food, Food Additives, Food Monotony, general health, Goals, health, Hunger, Induction, irvingia, ketosis, Kitchen Experiments, low carb, Mindset, Nicotine, Organic, recipe, recommended products, Reviews, Starting on Low Carb, weight loss Tagged: | Food, health, kale soup recipe, pumpkin biscuits, ricotta dessert, roast garlic chicken