Yeah, there’s a million tuna salad recipes. Now there’s a million and one. I whipped this up the other day and thought it pretty good – a little out of the ordinary. As part of my use of this blog is to keep my own recipes, here it is:
- 2 large cans of light tuna (I stay away from the Albacore because it supposedly has more mercury)
- 1/2 red pepper chopped up
- giant tablespoon of sweet pickle relish with Splenda (the brand escapes me at present)
- A large squirt of spicy brown mustard (maybe 2 tablespoons)
- 2-3 large tablespoons of mayonnaise
Mix well and eat. As with all tuna salad, the flavors meld nicely overnight and it’s better the next day. One member of the Low Carb Confidential Taste Panel refused to try it, and the other would not comment. I liked it, though, and will make it again.
Fast and easy and good on induction – just don’t get into the habit of eating tuna more than a few times a week (the mercury again) – and stay away from the stuff if you’re pregnant.