Even after 7 years doing low carb, still sometimes stand in front of the fridge and ask myself: what the hell am I going to eat?
I threw this together with whatever I could find in the fridge last night. It came out quite good. The rest of the family had it over pasta – I ate it as a chili (though to be honest, I had a little bit of the linguine as well).
- 1 large can pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/2 jar Whole Foods Organic Mushroom Marinara sauce (cheap and pretty low carb)
- 10 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 dozen artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked and chopped nitrate-free bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
Brown the beef with the butter, add the veggies, let simmer for a half hour.