This is the time of the year where the traffic to my site skyrockets as folks decide that they want to make a change for the better in the new year and have decided to try a low carb diet to lose some weight.
Unfortunately, I have over 500 posts here, and it’s a bit harrowing to try to navigate all this – even for me. Really – at 500+ posts, I might want to begin to pare down some of the less useful posts (ie: crap) so that people don’t get lost in all this.
Before I do that, however, I thought I could provide a guide to some of my more popular posts – as well as some of my own favorites that I think would be most helpful in hitting the ground running on a low carb diet.
When people start Atkins they feel kind of weird. The following posts discuss this and have been very popular:
- Atkins Induction – Observations On My First Few Days
- How You Feel When Starting Atkins Induction
- Atkins Induction: How Does It Feel at Day 30?
People starting Atkins usually have no clue what it eat, it seems, looking at some of my top posts.
Chocolate is a big deal, so let’s start with that:
- Recipe- Chocolate Ricotta Dessert
- Recommended – Lindt Excellence 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
- Chocolate Bark with Coconut Oil
- Recipe – 1 Minute Brownie
Other goodies of the non-chocolate variety include:
Now – we can’t just live on goodies – right? Here’s some other recipes that proved popular:
- Recipe – World’s Easiest Low Carb Crock Pot Chicken
- Recipe – Carol’s Crustless Crab Quiche
- Kitchen Experiment #18 – Demented Mock Potato Salad
- Kitchen Experiment #12 – Three Cheese Spinach (Updated)
- The World’s Simplest Low Carb Kale Soup Recipe That’s Actually Tasty
- Italian Chili – My Recipe for Beating the Cravings of Pasta and Pizza
- Low Carb Crock Pot Brisket (With Pictures)
- Awesome Roast Garlic Chicken
- A Most Awesome Ham, Cheese, and Onion Baked Frittata UPDATE
As I’ve been experimenting for 9 years now I’ve done a number of stupid things. Here’s two big ones I would advise you to avoid:
Lastly, there’s the whole ‘mind game’ of dieting in general and dieting low carb in particular. Here’s a few to keep you going when the going gets tough:
- 13 Simple Rules To Lose Weight and Be Happy Doing It
- Do Low Carb Diets Fail Partly Because of Social Pressure?
- Weight Loss and Happiness are Two Different Things
- Does Your Diet Make You an Asshole?
- The Feeder and the Fed: Losing Weight and Cheating Without Cheating
- Low Carb Nerds, Nazis, Geeks and Newbies
- Hunger, Cravings, Obession, and Food as a Utility
- Addictive, Pervasive, and Seductive
- Losing Weight Without Self-Hatred
- Atkins Isn’t For The Weak
- How Do You Shift a Weight-Loss Paradigm?
I wish you all health and happiness for 2013.