If you’ve been following along so far you’ll have noticed that for the most part I don’t eat ‘meals’ the way normal humans do. I eat when I’m hungry, and, more times than not, improvise. The following are the foods I ate in this past week – not including the foods that are not part of the plan. Part of my point in doing this is to start a list of acceptable foods as well as expand on it. For example: there’s no fish here.
I should update this periodically as a reference for myself when my mind goes blank and I ask myself: what am I going to eat?
- Eggs (Eggs are NOT dairy – they are embryonic meat – got it?)
- Hot Italian Sausages – from the supermarket. This is in ‘mystery meat’ category – God Know what’s in it
- Liverwurst – a nitrate free version
- Rib roast – my wife made this. I need to learn to make this myself
- Thumann’s hot dogs – I LUV that nitrate flavor.
- Roast duck – uncommon. I won’t be eating much of this
- Deli roast beef
- Pork rinds – a very strange sort of meat – but meat regardless
- Heavy cream – usually high-quality grass-fed stuff I pay an arm and a leg for
- Butter – Same deal as the heavy cream – I try to buy the best
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- American cheese – I bought actual real cheese – Andrew & Everett – with a website this bad, their cheese must be good
- Cream Fraise – think of a yogurt except it’s 100% fat and 800 calories per container. Pure cultured cream
- Parm cheese – the dry stuff in the can
- Brussels sprouts
- Romaine lettuce
- Extra virgin olive oil (I hope – there is a lot of counterfeit olive oil out there)
- Mayonnaise – The Whole Foods brand is the only one made with cold-pressed canola oil. I’d rather make my own out of olive oil but I’ve had mixed results – sometimes it comes out good, sometimes not. Cold-pressed Canola probably sucks less than any other seed oil, so I use it.
- Salt – I use sea salt. No iodine added. I’m waiting for my goiter
- Lea & Perrins Steak Sauce
- EZ-Sweetz – pure liquid sucralose. Those packets actually have about 0.6 grams of carbs in them
- Lemon juice
- Rock Star energy drink
Non-Food Items I stuck in my mouth
- Lotrel – blood pressure medication
- Metformin – controls blood glucose. Recommended by the ADA for the treatment of pre-diabetes – and I don’t have diabetes though both my siblings had it way before my age and both my parents had it
- Align – a probiotic magic potion that I am experimenting with. Does it do anything except line the pockets of the hucksters that created it? Ya got me
- Psyllium – a seed husk you mix with water and drink real quick before it turns to slime. It’s a fiber supplement and also a prebiotic – supposedly it’s probiotic food. I used it daily in my first go at low carb so I’m using it again. I buy the organic, coarse flakes at Whole Foods. So if you want to bitch about my diet, don’t bitch about the lack of fiber.
- Tums – as needed. I needed a lot when gobbling carbs. The need for them is subsiding